Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Binaural sound and the quest to calm down!

Coming home from work the other day I happened to be flipping channels on the radio and came across a talk show where they were talking about an easy way to reduce your stress level doing nothing more than putting on a pair of headphones and listening to different tones.

They were using words like brainwave or mental entrainment.

What is brainwave entrainment??!!

They also mentioned things like binaural sound, binaural waves, and binaural beats.

What are binaural beats??!!


Completely confused, but intrigued, I listened to the rest of the program. It seemed that all I had to do was:
  1. Find some binaural sounds somewhere.
  2. Take them home and put them on my MP3 player.
  3. Put on my headphones
  4. Push play
  5. Listen anywhere from 5 to 60 minutes (depending on how stressed I was)

I thought, "Hey, I can do that."

I've never been able to calm myself down on my own. I get stressed about anything and everything and I worry a lot. It was causing stomach problems and stuff and I had tried meditation, but I couldn't get my mind to clear. It kept racing.

So, I got the information and went to the website they mentioned and downloaded these binaural sounds.

I was very pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment